Instapage is hosted in the cloud, and includes everything you need to start creating and publishing landing pages.
Whether or not you already have a website or online presence, Instapage makes it possible to produce conversion-focused landing pages to help you to generate more leads, sell more products or elicit some other action from your visitors.
There’s no need for any coding experience or design skills, because the features of Instapage really do simplify the process of creating effective landing pages — regardless of what you’re trying to promote. Features such as the heatmap, analytics and split-testing tools let you use visitor data to improve your landing page designs to make them more effective.
Before we get to the important section that covers exactly what Instapage can do, how those features work together and whether or not Instapage is easy to use, here’s a quick overview of why you might choose this landing page builder:
- A library of customizable templates — with more than 80 high-quality templates, you won’t ever have to start from scratch or search for inspiration for your next landing page.
- Intuitive landing page editor — whether you want to start with a blank canvas or edit one of the many templates, the drag-and-drop page builder interface of Instapage is powerful yet easy to use.
- Effective form builder — to ensure you’re able to capture the right type of leads with your landing pages, Instapage makes it easy to create detailed custom forms for collecting user information.
- Useful selection of widgets — as well as the forms, you can easily add other elements to your landing pages, including videos, images and buttons.
- Tracking and reporting — thanks to the built-in analytics, heatmap and A/B testing tools, you can quickly see what’s working and what isn’t, and then optimize your landing pages for better results.
- Integration options — Instapage can connect to lots of types of services, such as email marketing platforms, WordPress and many more, via Zapier.
- Hosted system — rather than using a WordPress landing page plugin, everything is hosted by Instapage independently from your website. Your account can be used to create landing pages for multiple projects and websites. However, you can quickly publish landing pages on your WordPress website with Instapage.
The above overview of Instapage certainly should be tempting for anyone who’s looking for a powerful yet easy-to-use landing page builder.
But how well have those features been implemented? And are they as good as they sound? Let’s find out by exploring the key features of Instapage in more detail.
The marketing content for Instapage claims there are more than 200 templates to choose from, but, when browsing the library, there seemed to be more like 80. Some of the templates weren’t full landing page options either, such as the thank you page templates, so don’t let the headline figure of more than 200 templates unduly influence your decision.
As the templates cover product sales, signup forms, event registrations and app downloads, you can get a good idea of who is the target audience of Instapage.
However, as one of the key selling points of Instapage is its landing page editor, you’re certainly not limited to using the templates in their default state — or even using a template at all.
THE DRAG-AND-DROP LANDING PAGE EDITOR
Whether you start with a blank canvas or one of the templates, the editor of Instapage gives you the freedom to produce a custom landing page. In fact, freedom is probably the key word when describing the Instapage landing page editor.
Unlike even the most advanced WordPress page builders, the Instapage page builder lets you position your elements anywhere on the page. Instead of being configured to a grid layout, or a column and row-based structure, you’re free to move the items on your page anywhere on the canvas — even on top of each other.
The elements that make up your pages can be easily customized through the Instapage page builder interface. Selecting an item on the page displays a few settings for it, along with an edit button.
If you’re going to be creating multiple landing pages, either for yourself or your clients, Instapage has a great timesaving feature that you may appreciate. That feature is called Instablocks, and it enables you to build a library of reusable assets, or blocks, that you can insert into any of your landing pages.
OTHER FEATURES OF INSTAPAGE
So far, we’ve seen what templates you get access to with Instapage, how easy it is to create custom landing pages, and the options for publishing your pages, plus a few more of the things you can do with this tool.
However, Instapage has many more features that have made it one of the most powerful and popular landing page creation and lead generation services available today.
Some examples of those features include:
The ability for multiple users to collaborate on a project and work together on the same landing pages with a record of communication and changes that have been made.
The option of integrating with Google AdWords to see advertising data inside your Instapage dashboard.
A large library of online documentation to help you to get the most out of Instapage.
Support for creating Google AMP landing pages.
Hopefully, this review has given you a good idea of whether or not Instapage is right for you. However, if you’re still not sure, you can try it for free for 14 days using the trial offer. You’ll need to enter your payment details to access the trial, so you can be automatically billed once it’s over, but, if you’re not happy, canceling is straightforward.
If you are happy with the trial, there are two options for signup up to Instapage.
One option is the Instapage Business plan, which costs $199 a month, or the equivalent of $149 a month if you choose to pay annually. Paying annually requires an upfront payment of $1,788 but does represent a 25 percent saving, compared with paying monthly.
There’s also a custom Enterprise plan that’s tailored to meet your specific needs, with custom pricing that reflects your configuration. After a call with the sales team, your personalized Enterprise plan will be set up according to your requirements.
Instapage Pros and Cons
Instapage is certainly a powerful landing page creation and lead generation tool, but is it right for you?
Before we get to the conclusion of our review, here’s a quick rundown of some of the best aspects of Instapage, as well as some of its potential drawbacks:
- A good range of professional-looking landing page templates.
- The ability to deliver files and sell items via your landing pages.
- An advanced landing page builder that’s easy to use.
- Enough landing page publishing options.
- Lots of reporting data and tools to help you to optimize your pages.
- Features that make Instapage good for collaborating with team members and clients.
- Good mobile support to help you to design mobile-friendly landing pages.
- Lots of helpful online documentation and a responsive live chat support channel.
- Not as many landing page templates as some other tools, including Leadpages.
- Fewer page widgets compared with premium WordPress page builders, such as Divi.
- Business plan limited to 30,000 unique visitors per month, 30 published landing page experiences, five workspaces and five team members. Allowances on Enterprise plan can be customized.
- Slightly limited ecommerce options compared with other tools, such as Leadpages.
- High pricing makes it unsuitable for casual website owners.
Those pros and cons should give you some points to consider when deciding if Instapage is the best landing page builder for you.