- 1. Oberlo Shopify Dropshipping Reviews
- 2. What is Oberlo Dropshipping App?
- 3. Oberlo Shopify Chrome Extension Key Features Reviews
- 4. Oberlo Shopify Dropshipping Pricing: Is Oberlo Free?
- 5. Pros and Cons of using the Oberlo Shopify Chrome Extension App
- 6. At the end of this article, we leave some reviews from Oberlo shopify expert
- 7. Final words
Oberlo Shopify Dropshipping Reviews
For entrepreneurs and people looking to take the plunge into the business world, dropshipping sounds like the ideal business plan. With no upfront investment, inventory management and storing — dropshipping provides sellers with the opportunity to start and run their business with almost no risk.
In reality, there is far more work involved than there should be. Contacting suppliers, fulfilling orders, and hackling the prices is really time-consuming. Once you factor in the hours you spent doing all of that — you’re just about breaking even.
Here’s where Oberlo comes in to make dropshipping what it should be – easy, convenient and profitable. The dropshipping app is an exclusive add-on to your Shopify store. Originally created and run by a Lithuanian startup, the app was acquired by Shopify in 2017, and it’s been part of the Shopify plan ever since.
85 million products have been sold on Oberlo, and the success stories continue to make headlines. It’s been dubbed the best dropshipping service, and we’ve set out to find out why.
What is Oberlo Dropshipping App?
Oberlo is an extension available in the Shopify application store.
It will easily couple with any e-commerce store under Shopify to allow you to import and sell Aliexpress products.
Oberlo has really changed the way dropshipping is done, because before, you had to import the products manually, you can imagine the trouble!
It’s now very different and fortunately for us!
With a few clicks you can retrieve any item on Aliexpress, sell it on your Shopify store and then automate a large part of the ordering process.
Oberlo is in 2019 used by hundreds of thousands of online shops, which makes it an extremely developed tool offering you advanced features to save time.
Oberlo Shopify Chrome Extension Key Features Reviews
Efficient product import from around the world
Oberlo works with the largest marketplace for affordable products and supplier of dropshipping goods, AliExpress; and they made product importations fast and easy.
You can browse thousands of products and suppliers on the Oberlo dashboard, and import items to your online store with a few clicks. Best of all, all product information, photos, and pricing are automatically uploaded to your inventory along with your chosen product.
You can filter products by shipping methods, free shipping, reviews, rating, and how many other stores have imported from that supplier.
If you’ve already been dropshipping products from AliExpress, you can connect your existing AliExpress products to your Oberlo account as soon as you install the app.
Intuitive product management interface
The clean and easy to use dashboard is clearly designed with convenience in mind. The menu bar allows for quick access to search, customize and manage products, as well as review import lists and sales reports.
You can also edit products with a single click, which will take you to your Shopify dashboard, where you can customize and optimize as you wish.
Auto Place Orders
When you sell a lot of products every day, the time it takes to place each order can really add up, and you’ll also have a lot of order windows open in AliExpress, not to mention that AliExpress can flag your account because their system may think fraud is taking place. When this happens, it can trip their Captcha system, requiring you to solve dozens or even hundreds of Captchas, which is time-consuming and annoying.
Dropified allows you to work around this with their auto place order button option that allows you to place these orders in the background, keeping yo form having to solve tons of Captchas and not flagging the AliExpress anti-fraud system.
Oberlo does not offer an auto place order option.
Automatic inventory and Price Updates
You don't have to worry about whether an item is still in stock or whether the price of an item has changed. All of these are automatically handled for you. In case of a change in price - you would be immediately notified to make the necessary adjustments in your pricing too.
Other Important features
Product customization: After import products into your store, you can edit, change titles, descriptions, images and literally any other thing you may wish in order to personal the product to fit in with your store messaging.
Shipment Tracking: Know where your orders are at every point in time using the integrated order tracking feature.
Easily change suppliers: Oberlo allows for a quick switch between suppliers. So you're able to always get the best deals available.
Oberlo Shopify Dropshipping Pricing: Is Oberlo Free?
Well, it can be. They do offer a pretty good forever-free plan, but paid plans will open the door to better features. All plans come with a free 30-day trial, which will give you a taste of what the app is all about. Oberlo will not cost you an arm and a leg if you run over your monthly orders allowance, and it’ll never affect order processing. It will, however, remove the dropshipping component and you’ll have to process orders manually. So what are your options?
The forever free plan gives you access to 500 products, automatically fulfilled 50 orders per month, daily automatic product syncing, auto order fulfillment, pricing automation, sales reporting, and a free Chrome extension.
You get everything from the starter plan plus more: a set up for 10,000 products, auto-order fulfillment of 500 orders per month, order fulfillment and shipment tracking.
A set up for 30,000 products, unlimited orders per month, multiple users, daily automatic product syncing, order and shipment tracking, sales reports, and everything else from the previous plans.
There’s a plan for any size business, but the most popular choice is the Basic plan. The Starter plan is a great option for beginners, but most businesses need order and shipment tracking.
Pros and Cons of using the Oberlo Shopify Chrome Extension App
Oberlo Dropshipping Pros
- Simultaneous integration with your Shopify store
- Quick and secure product imports from Aliexpress with a single click
- Modern dashboard with a user-friendly interface
- Huge time and effort-savings by using the app
- Automated product order fulfillment
- Daily product sync
- Pricing and inventory automation
- Extra scalability
- Video tutorials and the Oberlo blog
- Free Chrome extension
- Customizable products
- Sales and Shipment tracking
- ePacket filter
- Oberlo supply marketplace
- Pricing markups
- Ability to change product suppliers
Oberlo Dropshipping Cons
- No possibility to work on standalone sites or other platforms (only on Shopify stores)
- None of the products are actually edited within Oberlo, you are redirected to your Shopify product description page.
- Only Aliexpress is supported (but you can integrate your store with Amazon)
At the end of this article, we leave some reviews from Oberlo shopify expert
- I love oberlo but not for reviews or items. I just use the oberlo extension to import products from ali express. I think the oberlo items suck so I only use ali express items. I use a separate app for reviews. Never expect more than that from oberlo since it's free.
- It is great if you know what you are doing and how to build a store around items that anyone and everyone can access. The items on Oberlo everyone can easily just purchase without having to go to your store, so you have to build your brand and store for people to have the convenience to come to your store and spend more money on things they can easily get somewhere else.
- What is amazing about Oberlo is it allows you to import items straight to your store and fulfill orders super easy and quickly. There are other apps like this on Shopify however not as big and as used as Oberlo. Do your research and really learn to see how Oberlo operates and if it is for you and your business.
- I use Oberlo in my Shopify store and love it. I can use the app to search or the Chrome extension when browsing Aliexpress directly. Once those are selected I customize the description for SEO and make sure the pricing is right. Then "push to store"! Inventory is updating but I also receive notifications if the suppliers change price points. Nice to have if I want to alter store price.
- In terms of research though, it actually doesn't take long. Since Oberlo makes it so easy to add products, you'll be adding a shit ton in no time. The real effort and time consuming process is setting up ads for these products and seeing which interests to test.
- Oberlo and dropshipping are awesome! They really allow you a way to create an online business without having to worry about inventory handling and shipping.
- Oberlo has its own 'Supply' channel that is slightly more automated, but it's essentially the same AliExpress suppliers. Once you start getting consistent sales and have some winning products, you can consider using a sourcing agent or company that allows for bulk orders and better shipping times.
- Oberlo is semi-automated in the sense that once someone places an order, you launch the Oberlo app and upon request (from you) it automatically goes through AE and orders the products and fills out customer info. It's imperative you have the Oberlo chrome extension too. It does it all in real-time, so you can watch it happen.
- After someone places an order, you then go to Oberlo and order it for them. Then the system does the rest. Also, you can go to your Oberlo Settings then Supplier and choose your preferred shipping method
- I use oberlo, but I'm just used to it. And it's free until you hit 50 orders a month. You can always downgrade back to free at any time. It has generally good service and there is no up charge from oberlo to use them with Ali.
Oberlo reviews, screenshots, and examples can certainly provide insights into how you can use the tool. But if you’re serious about learning about dropshipping with Oberlo and Shopify, then creating an account the best way to go.
Fortunately for you, the process is dead simple. As mentioned in this post, starting an Oberlo and Shopify takes just a few minutes, and sourcing products can be done in a day or less.
That said, if you need assistance establishing and growing your dropshipping business, feel free to drop us a line. We’d love to help you figure things out.