There are many ways of improving a Web site in terms of design, traffic, revenue and so on. Generally, I am not one for refusing change and so like to try new things from time to time especially if it has the potential of being beneficial to this blog and its growing readers. One of the most recent programs (available to bloggers and Web administrators in general) that I tried on this site, whilst considering whether or not we should start accepting advertising, was Project Wonderful.
Project Wonderful is described as a way of “earning money, every second of every day”. The system works by promoting your Website so that advertisers can have a platform to see what is on offer and therefore buy advertising slots from participants. By dropping a customisable copy-and-paste code on your site, you can activate the program and “start earning”.
Sounds very easy – doesn’t it? I know. I registered as a publisher, although you can also participate as an advertiser, and enabled automatic adbox approval setting but must confess that my experience was rather disappointing. Prices on ad spaces (boxes) are determined by what advertisers are willing to pay and God help you if there are little or no bidders for your adbox because then the going rate to advertise on your site will be $0. After a few days of activating the code, I still did not have enough bidders to increase the rate and therefore had to “sell” my adbox for nothing to advertisers who were wise enough to book several days in advance without paying anything.
Signup and Approval
Project Wonderful does have strict guidelines.They do not allow Adult content,Sensitive content,duplicate content,sponsored content and new websites with less content.They reject new websites with less content.They have mentioned clean site design as one parameter for approving a website.
It is better to apply after having decent traffic.You can keep applying them after couple of months in case they have rejected you once.This is best part of them.Whole signup and approval takes around three working days.
Project Wonderful Ads
Project Wonderful is bid based advertising network.The advertiser with highest bid can place ad on your website.You can control whether those ads should be shown to your website or not but this setting is not recommended by Project Wonderful people.
Auto approve is most recommended as it allows max bid ads to go live instantaneously.While creating your ad box code you can also select your ad box type as
- C – Safe for everyone, including children.
- SFW – Safe for work: nothing too offensive or graphic, nothing that’d get you in trouble with an employer or coworker.
- NSFW – Not safe for work. Most nudity belongs below, in ADULT, but this includes things like swearing, graphic violence, or sexually suggestive material
- Adult – This site includes adult content but with in Project Wonderful guidelines.
The advertisers will put ads according to above grouping so it is safe to auto approve ads (without worrying about adult type ads getting shown).
Reporting and Dashboard
Project Wonderful has clean and detailed reporting interface.You get detailed traffic and bid information for your website in graph form.The publisher dashboard is also very easy to navigate and work through.You can easily get familiar with the interface.
Minimum payout limit is $10.They offer payment through PayPal.They deduce $1 amount for each withdrawal.There are many payment proof on internet from Project Wonderful.They do are reliable advertising network.
How to add Project Wonderful ads on your website?
You should select the faster code.This code loads after page on-load and is asynchronous.So your page load time does not get impacted using this advertising network.
Project Wonderful can be termed as BuySellAds alternative as they are bid based ad display advertising network.However they have several advantages over other advertising networks.
- The best thing about them is you start making money after placing ad codes on your website.But with other advertising networks like BuySellAds you can only earn money if the ad space is sold.This is an important difference between these two networks.
- No CPC or CPM or CPV based ad performance monitoring.Advertisers pay for the time their ad is displayed on your website as long as they are highest bidder.You will be paid for period ads are on your website.So you do not need to place Project Wonderful ads on high CTR regions of your website (in between content).
- Lowest Bid can be set by you.However They suggest to keep it a zero.So if there is no bid for your ad space then advertiser can advertise for free.This is lucrative offer to advertisers.This also helps you start making money instantaneously.
Whilst I do not know the experiences of other blogs with higher traffic (as of writing this article, TechSling has a Page Rank of 5, respectable Alexa ranking and about 1,000 visits a day), it is clear to me that Project Wonderful will not make you rich. Furthermore, using a system that allows people to buy ad spaces from you for nothing could be a deterrent to direct advertisers who will pay to advertise on your site. Therefore, I will not encourage running Project Wonderful and direct advertising simultaneously.