Dropshipping is the leading phenomenon emerging in eCommerce for the last 6 years. Although eCommerce is a great way of being your own boss, entrepreneurs & wantrepreneurs are usually troubled to locate suppliers & identifying products. In our SaleHoo review, we overview the platform to see how reliable the service is for a prospect eCommerce business.
What is SaleHoo?
If you’re looking for drop shipping products and suppliers, then SaleHoo is exactly what you need. It’s a wholesale directory – and definitely one of the best we’ve ever seen.
SaleHoo links people like you to a worldwide network of more than 6000 suppliers, with more than 25 million products to choose from. It’s got everything you need to find products for your drop shipping business.
SaleHoo Features and Benefits
Your dropshipping business is almost ready to take off. Here’s how a Salehoo membership can help with that:
Selection of Dropship Suppliers
With Salehoo, you might be getting full access to 8,000 total wholesalers, but that doesn’t mean they’re all available for dropship options.
On their official website, the number 8,000 is displayed loud and proud on their homepage. However, that number drastically drops to only about 1,000+ vetted dropship suppliers, as stated on their products page.
Salehoo shows you a rough ballpark figure of dropship suppliers through your niche. Less than fabulous results for e-cigarettes, but beauty tools would present you with a world of options.
You can conduct your own search for Salehoo’s existing dropship suppliers right here.
Nevertheless, Salehoo does want to make your search for quality dropshipping suppliers an effortless one.
You’re immediately shown supplier contact info, delivery charges, product ranges, minimum order quantity, and more without the hassle of asking them back and forth. Salehoo even lets you access the level of customer service provided by these dropshipping suppliers -just so you can be extra sure that they’re a fit for your business.
A good portion of Salehoo’s suppliers does offer worldwide delivery too. That’s one more thing you don’t have to worry about.
You’ll also find that Salehoo’s dropshipping suppliers are quite flexible with minimum orders. Plus, a good 70% of them don’t require you to pay an application fee to get started.
This makes Salehoo much less daunting to get started with if you’re only just a dropshipping newbie with little to no budget.
So, Salehoo has also introduced the ability to assign quick notes to each of your suppliers -all so you can keep track of who’s who and any other memos to keep in mind.
This comes particularly handy if you have more than one individual managing the account!
Wide Collection of Wholesalers
Salehoo’s wholesale directory stands at an impressive feat of 8,000+ (and counting!) wholesalers and suppliers both locally and internationally.
This tool offers an extensive and variety of wholesale suppliers. In their listing of suppliers and products, it is stated the wholesale prices that they offer for branded brands and the likes. It is very efficient as you can tell their price ranges and can compare it to others that are potential will be your competition. You can also lookup if the product will give you a profit when you sell it. For using wholesalers you need to be very specific as you will be getting the products.
It is specifically designed for the member to easily select products with just a few clicks. You can set your specific locations where you want suppliers to be coming from and you may also view the minimum orders that they require for your products.
Insightful Market Research
With Salehoo’s market research tools -this becomes obsolete. They leave the research totally up to pro analysts; instead of having you waste time with a bunch of possibly unrelated and outdated data that won’t help your business.
Salehoo connects you with the stuff that actually sells. This is based on competition data, successful selling and profitability rates, etc. All of this hard data is instantly shown to you when you’re a member -so you can make better decisions every day.
You could even go the extra mile and hone in on potential trends; way before your competitors catch wind! Salehoo shows you month-by-month sales trends that you can use for advantage when you buy future products.
Resources and Training
In its ‘Resources’ section, SaleHoo offers training in the form of manuals, guides, ebooks and videos for the online sellers. The people behind the directory claim to provide training to those who wish to achieve big but are not quite familiar with the best strategies of selling online. Some ways in which you may benefit from it include:
- Getting familiar with the dropshipping model and tips to get success in it
- How to start an e-commerce store and various strategies to beat the competition
- Guides for selling on the popular marketplaces like eBay and Amazon
Salehoo has a very easy way to navigate and learn the dashboard. It presents everything you need on the platform as it is all integrated.
Your transactions with the suppliers that you worked with will be saved and you can store and saved the suppliers that you want to work with. This is efficient as you can easily look it up wand not search them again in the array of suppliers that they have.
Affordable Membership Plans
The Salehoo membership gives you access to their entire supplier and wholesale directory, product research analytics, free training tools, and dashboard.
Price-wise? Salehoo is extremely competitive. For less than 70 bucks, it provides you with all the necessary tools needed for a beginner to start with dropshipping.
Be this as it may, I do personally have friends that flat out refuse anything without the guarantee of a money-back.
Salehoo probably does too, since they offer a 60-day refund guarantee in case you’re not totally crazy about their products.
We recommend using these 60 days to find as many relevant products in your niche and do your homework with the tools provided! If you can’t seem to stumble upon high-quality dropship suppliers within the 1,000 something selection – you can still request a refund, no questions asked.
Salehoo’s free training and resources offer comprehensive, A-Z solutions for everything concerning dropshipping and starting an online business.
How Does SaleHoo Work?
After you sign up and set up your account, you can immediately begin searching for products that you are interested in selling. When you find a product that you want to sell or a supplier that you are willing to work with, contact the supplier directly to place an order. Every supplier page includes vital information such as estimated shipping time-frames, minimum order amounts, etc.
It is extremely important to decide whether you want to drop ship products directly to your customer or purchase the products in bulk or wholesale and ship them yourself.
Here are how the two methods work:
- Drop Shipping – You sell the item first and then place the order with whatever supplier you are working with. The supplier ships the item directly to your customer. You do not see or handle the product with this method.
- Bulk/Wholesale – You purchase the products upfront from a supplier. The supplier then ships the item to your home or warehouse. You sell the item online and ship the item directly to your customer. This method is more complex but tends to yields much higher profit margins.
How Much Does SaleHoo Cost?
At the time of writing this SaleHoo review, there are two plans available:
- $67 per year (access to SaleHoo for one full year, requires renewal every year).
- One-time fee of $127 for lifetime access (most popular choice).
Both of the plans above give you access to 2.5 million products and 8,000 suppliers that are all listed in the directory. Other than the cost, there are no differences.
After you purchase the membership, you get access to their supplier directory, market research labs, members forum, and personal support via email.
You can pay for the membership using any major credit card and PayPal. There is a 60-day money back guarantee where you will be able to receive a full refund if SaleHoo does not live up to your expectations.
SaleHoo Pros & Cons
- 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee: Take advantage of the full potential of SaleHoo services risk-free with a generous amount of time to try out their service.
- Affordable Pricing: At $67 for an annual membership, SaleHoo delivers excellent value compared to other drop shipping services.
- Vast Network of Suppliers and Products: With over 25 million products and 6000 suppliers to choose from, you’ll have no trouble finding products to fill your store. Best of all, SaleHoo screens all their suppliers so you’ll only be working with reputable ones.
- Easy to Use Dashboard: The SaleHoo website, supplier directory, and member dashboard offer plenty of functionality all packaged with an intuitive and attractive design.
- Publish to Any Store: You can use SaleHoo’s service to find products and push these items to any of your stores – whether on eBay, Amazon, Etsy, or your own independent store.
- Instant Support Not Always Available: Their live chat and telephone representatives are only available on weekdays between 2AM-6:30AM New Zealand time.
- Lack of Automated Tools: SaleHoo lacks time-saving tools that make it easy to run your business.
- Location-based searching capabilities are missing (e.g. no search option for finding suppliers in specific locations – US, Canada, UK, etc.).
- Certain products are overpriced and cheaper on eBay and Amazon.
- You are paying $67 (or $127 for lifetime membership) a year for a list of suppliers that you can ultimately find on your own.
SaleHoo Final Thoughts
SaleHoo is definitely an attractive drop shipping company to partner with, thanks to its affordable price tag and money-back guarantee.
With their service, you can be assured that you’ll only be working with reputable suppliers. And with millions of products to choose from, you’ll no doubt find the right products for your store.
But unlike most other drop shipping companies, SaleHoo doesn’t have any selling tools built into their service. It lacks the automated features common to some of the other brands we’ve reviewed.
SaleHoo is primarily just a directory to find suppliers. But as far as directories go, it doesn’t get any better than what their service provides.
The bottom line: SaleHoo is the best resource for finding products and reputable suppliers. But if you’re looking for automated drop shipping tools, you won’t find it here. It’s best to supplement SaleHoo with other drop shipping companies we’ve reviewed.